Dr. Shannon earned his medical degree from the Medical University of Ohio in Toledo. His post-graduate training included a surgical internship at Good Samaritan Hospital in Cincinnati, and a neurology/neurosurgery residency at Bellevue Hospital in New York, NY.
Dr. Shannon is board certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery and American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians.
- Ohio State Medical Association
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- International College of Surgeons
- Michigan State Medical Society
- Oakland County Medical Society
- Michigan Association of Neurological Surgeries
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- American College of Medical Quality