Advanced Equipment, Highly Trained Specialists
The clinical laboratory staff at Southeastern Med plays an extremely important role in helping your physician effectively diagnose and treat your condition. Using advanced equipment operated by highly trained specialists, we’re able to ensure that your lab test results are both accurate and timely.
Please Note: Some lab tests will require you to follow specific instructions provided by your doctor beforehand, such as fasting or not taking certain medication (if you are getting a lipid profile or having your cholesterol and triglycerides evaluated, for example, you shouldn’t eat any food in the 12 hours before your test). Be sure to follow any guidelines carefully, and ask your doctor if you have questions.
The Southeastern Med Lab is located on the ground floor, and its testing services include:
- General Lab – Urine analysis, etc.
- Microbiology – Diagnosing, treating, and preventing infections in our health system.
- Molecular Microbiology – This is where we test for infectious diseases. If you’ve heard of MRSA, that is an example of what we test for.
- Transfusion Services – Making sure blood samples match and screening for antibodies.
Our hospital drawing room hours are:
- Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
The hospital drawing room is closed on Sundays and major holidays.
We also have an outpatient Lab Draw and Patient Admission Testing location at 1452 Clark Street. The hours are as follows:
- Lab draw : 6 am until 5 pm Monday thru Friday
- Covid collection: 8:30 am until 5 pm Monday thru Friday and 8:30 to Noon Saturday and Sunday
For more information, or to ask about specific testing services offered here, please call 740-439-8068
Lab Test Directory
To request access to the Lab Test Directory, click here.
To view the Lab Test Directory, click here.