Southeastern Med gives you access to neurologists close to home
Your central nervous system is made up of your brain and spinal cord. It acts as the processing center for your whole nervous system and controls how your body works.
The neurosurgery team at Southeastern Med provides comprehensive surgical treatment of the spine, back and neck through a variety of traditional and minimally invasive techniques, including:
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy – Removal of a herniated or degenerative disc in neck; entrance via the throat.
- Posterior Cervical Discectomy – Removal of a herniated or degenerative disc in neck; entrance via back of the neck.
- Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Release – Releases pressure on median nerve to relieve carpal tunnel related pain.
- Laminectomy – Also known as Decompression Surgery; enlarges spinal canal to ease pressure on spinal cord or nerve roots.
- Ulnar Nerve Transposition – Relocates ulnar nerve to relieve pain of cubital tunnel syndrome in elbow.